Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

The courts have ask me to submit and FL 140 with my last two

Customer Question

The courts have ask me to submit and FL 140 with my last two years of tax returns. This form including the attached information including the tax returns have my current wife Social security number on the returns and does not want my ex wife to have this information. The required filing is due to a motion my ex wife submit to try to get her Martial part of a retirement account that was not stated in the original decree, is there any thing I can submit to the court in California objecting to submitting the required tax returns?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. An FL-140 is not normally supposed to be filed in Court, as stated on the form. Are you certain that you were ordered to file that, or just to serve it on opposing counsel?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
server it however this contains personal information that my current wife does not want disclosed
Does she want to black out more than her social security number? Have you asked opposing counsel to stipulate to a protective order stating the forms cannot be disclosed to anyone other than the lawyer and his client?