Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I am a stay at home mom of four past 12 years. My husband

Customer Question

I am a stay at home mom of four for the past 12 years. My husband and I are having troubles and I want to know where I stand before things get to divorce. He was military. I never finished college. We married and had 4 babies in 5 years. I just want to know my rights should our narrative disolve.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
*marraige disolve.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to be sure I have rights to my children without having a job for the past 12 years.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
In my experience the courts generally bit not always give preference to the mother of the children unless there is a history of drug, criminal, or mental issues. Even if you are not working you would be entitled to some spousal support and child support that should allow you to get on your feet. Child support would remain in effect until each child reaches 18.