Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I am facing a charge of domestic assault second degree,

Customer Question

Hello, I am facing a charge of domestic assault second degree, my wife agreed to drop the charge to the highest level she could, what is the next step please?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Family Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What information you need?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Ok, I admitted and my wife that I hit her on her face and the police did take photos of her face where the hit is located. I am charged with second degree domestic violence assault. Me and my wife love each other and have tow children and we want to take this issues out of our life. She would do everything to take this charge out 100%.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Your wife needs to go to the prosecutor and tell him or her that she does not want to testify against you, that she believes this was an isolated incident, and that she wants to put the whole thing behind the two of you and move forward with your lives. While the prosecutor/State can continue to pursue it's case against you, in general they are less likely to do so when their complaining witness doesn't wish to testify. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Who is the prosecuted? Do you mean the destruct court of Howard county in Ellicott City where the incident happened?
The prosecutor is the attorney for the State. That's the lawyer that gets up in court and says this person did XYZ and they should go to jail because of ABC. The other attorney is the defense attorney (your attorney if you have one). I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would you like to take the case? If yes, how much do you think it costs?
Unfortunately we're not able to take the cases of clients of the site. The best thing to do is to contact the State Bar in your state and asking for recommendations for a defense attorney. Does that make sense? Please also remember to submit a rating because that's the only way we get credit for helping you. I'd be happy to continue/clarify after that as well, so don't feel like we have to stop speaking.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.