FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I have visitation first my kids way back, approximately 8 years

Customer Question

I have visitation first my kids way back, approximately 8 years ago. Supposed to get credit for visitation for the summers I had them. Never received the credit, now I show a debit from children services, because my X-wife did not sign for the waiver. I have the court memorandum and signed witnesses
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 8 months ago.
Have you addressed this with them? Do you know how much of a credit is owed ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1470.00. Which is the exact amount I should of been credited for the last two years before the kids reached legal age.
Thank you. If you are not being asked for payment from child services, you want to present support documentation to them, disputing the amount. In this case, it would be the court order, along with an affidavit advising that you had the children during the summer and as a result, should have received the credit. Moreover, you want to advise that she refused to sign the waiver and act in good faith, when this was ordered and can attach letters for their review as well, to evidence the time the children were there. If needed, you may have to request a hearing, so you do not have to just pay the requested amount.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!