FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My wife is trying to force me to leave the home. She has changed

Customer Question

My wife is trying to force me to leave the home. She has changed the locks several times. She has also tried to have the police get me to leave, on multiple occasions. Each time they've explained that they can't force me to leave. The officer that came out advised her to file paperwork to have me evicted? I'm trying to understand my legal rights. Can a wife, or husband for that matter, legally evict their spouse. I have asked her about a divorce and neither one of us want to go that route. I think once I get an understanding of the law, I will know what to domgoing forward. Ex. File for divorce, attempt mediation, etc. I work from home and this continued harassment is a threat to my employment, as well as emotionally and psychologically draining.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 months ago.
What state do you reside in ?