Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Family law CA I filed divorce and the ct still has not

Customer Question

family law CA I filed for a divorce and the ct still has not ordered any child support eveytime we go to ct the my atty ask and the judge says not at this at time??? what are the rules
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok-----what do u need This is Kern County every atty I see tells me it is a 3rd world county I ahve spend over 100,000 dollars and I sound crazy---I am not I have all the records----I wnat to know when the judge HAS to order child support
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I'm glad you recognize how unusual your situation is. I've actually never heard of anything similar happening in another court. My suggestion is to file a formal motion for child support if you haven't already. And, frankly, if you have. The judge *has to* rule on your motion eventually. Perhaps, the judge feels you are not entitled to child support, though that shouldn't stop him or her from issuing a ruling. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.