Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

Yhanks help Pearl .... I'm Maria and i will like

Customer Question

Yhanks for your help Pearl .... I'm Maria and
i will like to know what it entails to have a proxy wedding hold please
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: alright ... i'll be waiting ...thank you
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no.... nothing else asides that please
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.First I need to know what State? Most states do not allow a proxy marriage.Also what is the reason for needing to be proxy? Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your response .... it's coming from the state of california and it's in fulfilment of traveling over to meet my boyfriend in qatar .... what will it take to meet up with the wedding please?
Thank you.Unfortunately, California does not permitted a marriage by proxy. Family Code, Section 420(a), requires the two parties, marriage officiant and witness if applicable be physically present together in the same location for the marriage to be performed. The only exception is if one of the parties is serving in War overseas. If you click onto this LINK you can read that section of the CA Code. It states the following: 420.(a) No particular form for the ceremony of marriage is required for solemnization of the marriage, but the parties shall declare, in the physical presence of the person solemnizing the marriage and necessary witnesses, that they take each other as spouses.(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is stationed overseas and serving in a conflict or a war and is unable to appear for the licensure and solemnization of the marriage may enter into that marriage by the appearance of an attorney in fact, commissioned and empowered in writing for that purpose through a power of attorney. The attorney in fact must personally appear at the county clerk's office with the party who is not stationed overseas, and present the original power of attorney duly signed by the party stationed overseas and acknowledged by a notary or witnessed by two officers of the United States Armed Forces. Copies in any form, including by facsimile, are not acceptable. The power of attorney shall state the full given names at birth, or by court order, of the parties to be married, and that the power of attorney is solely for the purpose of authorizing the attorney in fact to obtain a marriage license on the person's behalf and participate in the solemnization of the marriage. The original power of attorney shall be a part of the marriage certificate upon registration.(c) No contract of marriage, if otherwise duly made, shall be invalidated for want of conformity to the requirements of any religious sect. Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.