How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29080
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons dad does not pay child support. I had a modification

Customer Question

My sons dad does not pay child support. I had a modification done april 2013 where he was suppose to see him more in lieu of child support but that has not happened in over a year. What do I do or how can I apply for child support w-out spending 1000's on a lawyer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The Florida courts put forms for these things online so parents can file on their own without a lawyer. Here are the forms and instructions for requesting a modification to child support.

If you modified the parenting plan back in 2013, then you'd want the form to modify it back:

Also, he's in violation of the court order. You ONLY agreed to give up child support because he agreed to act like a father. And then he flat-out ignored his end of the bargain. You could ask the judge to order him to pay you the support he WOULD have paid if you hadn't entered the agreement. It basically sounds like he only promised to be a father to trick you into agreeing he didn't need to support his child, and that makes him look VERY bad to a judge. Here are the forms and instructions for contempt.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.