Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My 25 year old son, has college debt etc. and his

Customer Question

Hello :) My 25 year old son, has college debt etc. and his father quit paying support at around age 7....he has recently been in contact and is supporting 2 children that are not his. Does my son have a leg to stand on? I am not asking for reimbursement or my sons upbringing, but would like to know what our options are?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I think, legally, at this point you're not in a great position and dad probably will know that. But, the worst thing that can happen is he says no when asked. The fact that your son is a college graduate with debt doesn't obligate dad to help pay off that debt, as much as perhaps we all thing it should (particularly b/c dad is supporting someone else's kids and never supported his own). I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.