Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Mrs Olivia. Have a few questions about a divorce.

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Happy to help :) What can I do for you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ur so sweet. So the sit down didn't go very well. We did agree an a few things but I wish I knew exactly what I'm entitled to.
Have you met with the atty? Is what the two of you agreed to just minimal things or actually helpful? How can I help? :)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See I don't have any credit an I can't get anything put in my name. We agreed on material things. Trying to find out with all my medical problems I've had since we been married can a judge Grant a divorce if I don't want one.
Unfortunately only one party needs to want a divorce in order for it to be granted. I wish I could tell you that wasn't the law.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I can prove adultry will that help my case
Adultery is a cause of action FOR divorce (and it *may be* - although isn't always - considered in determinations of spousal support). It's not a way to stop a divorce. There is no way to stop a divorce if one party wants one. I'm sorry - I wish I could tell you otherwise.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.