Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

My daughter and son own an LLC in the state of Washington

Customer Question

My daughter and son own an LLC in the state of Washington and each one of them got marry in 2015. Will the Income from the LLC belong to their spouses? if yes how do I keep it separate since they own the company prior to marriage.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.If you had asked this question prior to the weddings, I would have suggested that they both have their partners sign prenuptial agreements, stating that the business belongs to your son and daughter - but since they are already married to their spouses, my best suggestion would be a post-nuptial agreement, assuming their spouses were willing to sign them. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.