Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

There, I am trying to figure out how to change my parenting

Customer Question

Hi there, I am trying to figure out how to change my parenting plan from snohomish county to Okanogan County. The mother closed the child support case completely and I am not sure about the parenting plan. She will not let me see my kids now that we have relocated
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.So both parents have left the county from where the original parenting plan was issued? And what county does the child live in and for how long?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The father has left the county and the mother is planning to leave the county. the children have lived in snohomish county their wholes lives. Children are 3 and 5 years old.
Thanks. ***** suggest the Father file for the modification to the parenting plan as soon as possible in Snohomish county. That is the county where the child have a home residency and where it will remain once the modification is filed.
If the Modification is not filed before the Mother leaves the county it can still be filed in Snohmish county up until the children establish a residency in another county. And that would mean it would then need to be filed in the county where the children live. The venue will follow the children's residency.
He can file the modification on his own, by getting the documents from the clerk of the court that issued the original order.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks we will plan on running over to Snohomish County and filing that.
You're welcome and good luck.
You can review the necessary forms on this LINK But the clerk can provide the entire packet for you.