Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence

I found out my husband who I married in 1967 never got a divorce

Customer Question

I found out my husband who I married in 1967 never got a divorce from me and has been married 2 more times and poss a 4th time..when we where married he got hired with telephone company and retired from it..we had 2 children and he never gave child support. I would like to see if I can collect on his Social Security..and retirement as his 3rd person is collecting it now and they are poss divorced
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I had married to a man I lived with many years and we married before he passes away with cancer
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 6 months ago.
If you never divorced him, you are entitled to the social security benefits, not his latest "wife." In fact, the other two "wives" were never legally married to him. Their marriages are void.