Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I retained an attorney in December 2015 so that I could be

Customer Question

I retained an attorney in December 2015 so that I could be granted a divorce. I have been separated from my husband since 2002. My attorney has completed and done all of the paperwork and steps that was needed to do. We got no response from my husband because he wasn't at his last known address. My attorney called me today and said that I have to appear in court with him before the judge why would this be?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.This is because you are the party who filed for divorce and the court likely wants to ask you some questions regarding your husband and what attempts you made to find him. The judge could have other questions, but really the only way to know is to show up. If you don't show up your case will likely be rescheduled or (less likely) dismissed. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.