RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My mother ran away from a nursing home Thursday, she was

Customer Question

My mother ran away from a nursing home Thursday, she was staying with a cousin until today. She's been to the emergency room once and dropped off at two separate locations on her own today. I need to know what I have to do right now to get guardianship or custody or something to get her placed back in a nursing home where she needs to be
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. I would call Adult Protective Services, they may be able to help you file guardianship here.This is 24 hour toll free number.This is self neglect here and they can help you here. If you suspect that a vulnerable adult is the victim of abuse, neglect or exploitation, please contact you local DHS County Office. If it is after regular business hours, please call the Statewide Abuse Hotline at 1-***-***-****.
Another reference http://guardianship.org/pdf/Question_Answers.pdf I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here. Thanks again.