How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29302
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Grand parents rights, in the State of California : My grand

Customer Question

Grand parents rights, in the State of California
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My grand daughter is suffering from mental physical and phycological abuse at the hands of her mothers boyfreind not the biological father of the child, my daughter has decided to join him and as of two weeks ago on a doctor routine due to the child getting constantley sick...the doctor has now diagnosis the child with anxiety. What can I do to have the child remove from that house where its causing mental health issue.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Military Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: for the past three months the child gets heads aches, stomach aches, nauciousee, dosent want to go home,
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.

You can contact the police and child services to let them know the child is abused, and they have the power to step in and remove her from the situation immediately. When you talk to child services, let them know that you are willing and able to provide a home for the child while they investigate.

The term "grandparent's rights" refers to a scenario where a court allows a grandparent to have regular visitation with a grandchild, but that's not really what you're asking for. Visitation wouldn't resolve this situation. If you're seeking to have your grandchild removed from her mother's home and placed with you either permanently or until the mother can get her act together, what you're talking about is a termination of parental rights. Note that if you terminate the mother's rights, the biological father would usually be next in line for custody (although he can agree to let the child live with you). One of the grounds for termination of parental rights is neglect or cruel treatment, and you may be able to establish this grounds.

These cases are complicated, and they can be very emotional. There's a good chance you'll be able to help your grandchild if the mother is allowing her to be abused, but it's a good idea to have a local attorney help you. This isn't the type of case where the courts put free forms online to make it easier for people to represent themselves.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.