Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

In New Jersey, if it can be shown by way of a report from a

Customer Question

In New Jersey, if it can be shown by way of a report from a Certified Fraud Examiner that the plaintiff (recipient of child support) under-reported her assets by approximately $1.5 Million and her income by approximately $65K annually at the time of the settlement, can the defendant (child support Payer) move the Court to review the child support assessment based on an allegation of Fraud? Unique circumstance in this case is that defendant is independently wealthy (net worth over $4 Million and income 3-4 times that of defendant) and defendant is working poor.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 11 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Yes, fraud is a reason to reevaluate child support determination. It doesn't matter that the payor is independently wealthy - if one party lies on their Case Informational Statement, the other party is entitled to get that before a judge. You'd do so by filing a motion to modify child support amount based on fraud. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.