Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Are there any legal measures I can take before DSS to insure

Customer Question

are there any legal measures I can take before DSS to insure I have the upperhand if it goes to court? please sight specific form and motions/actions
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. That depends. Please tell me a little more about the situation - how are you involved with the DSS and what is the court case about? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
05 April 2016 08:54
I did see the statues governing "unlawful practice" , but seeing as I'm attempting this Pro Se , I am more or less wondering if she can sit with me at my table, so that i might have an extra brain. We both have been spending well over 8 hours a day researching case law and cross referencing statues and she has been retained it much more effectively... I consented to relative placement with my mother in law and 7 mths. later the nightmare has devolved. It has been revealed that she is the one who called the agency and falsely accused me of physical neglect and abuse, even though her son had given me a black eye two days prior and has done it in the past resulting in a CDV.The investigator had told me either I place them voluntarily or they will be placed without my consent, all while looking at my bruised face (which he even documented in my case file)Beyond receiving no victim treatment, they have treated me like the abuser. Since October when the case was indicated, I have been completely restricted from seeing my two girls, the agency claims that the mother in law has sole authority to make such decision and it has gone so far as to not even let them call me. All of which is a violation of the Kinship agreement we signed back in the fall. I am going up against SCDSS in an "Intervention hearing". The case has been purely on a voluntary basis, but now that its evident that DSS has no interest in actually helping my family recover and reunify, I am planning on filing motion for temporary guardianship with the court (to a trusted friend) and was going to go pick up my girls this afternoon, and upon interception I will be placing a call to verbally revoke said consent. I drafted an email to the caseworker, stating that I intend to cooperate but their gross negligence regarding my girls and the trauma they have endured, in addition to how theyve treated me is unacceptable and I can no longer voluntarily let my children stay at her home where they are subject to verbal abuse and corporal punishment daily. They are also exposed to an alcoholic in that residence, who has had CPS called for abuse with a cane pole and DSS neglected to even run a background check on all the members of the house. Please give me any thoughts or suggestions bc everything I love is on the line now and I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Apologies, I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...