How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2957
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please give me a general guideline/rule of thumb to

Customer Question

Can you please give me a general guideline/rule of thumb to use when calculating alimony and child support in California? I realize that there are several variables, but I don't even know where to start. Is there a quick and easy formula?
Husband's salary: $250K/yr
My salary: $120K/yr
We have 3 children, but two of them are in college over the age of 18. Child support would be for our 1 child who is currently 14 years old who will spend approximately 30% of her time with the father and the rest with me. Distributing college expenses is another issue.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The California Guideline Child Support Calculator is based on California Child Support Guidelines and can be used to estimate the amount of child support that may be ordered in your case.Here is a state of California sample calculator that will give you a a good idea: link fro child support user guide: Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Related Family Law Questions