LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have a question about an issue where my wife was suffering

Customer Question

I have a question about an issue where my wife was suffering from depression and she just picked up and left with the kids ages 2 and 5. She contacted my daughters school on friday and said they were in Texas.She didnt ask for transcripts but just said she would call back.We live in north carolina.I was granted temporary full custody of the kids but we dont know where she is.What are my possible options to locate the kids if they are out of state hello?
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a question about an issue where my wife was suffering from depression and she just picked up and left with the kids ages 2 and 5. She contacted my daughters school on friday and said they were in Texas.She didnt ask for transcripts but just said she would call back.We live in north carolina.I was granted temporary full custody of the kids but we dont know where she is.What are my possible options to locate the kids if they are out of state
JA: You might want a parenting specialist a parenting specialist or a relationship specialist. Are any of these what are you looking for?
Customer: yes
JA: Which one?
Customer: parenting
JA: I can help you talk to the parenting. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: I have a question about an issue where my wife was suffering from depression and she just picked up and left with the kids ages 2 and 5. She contacted my daughters school on friday and said they were in Texas.She didnt ask for transcripts but just said she would call back.We live in north carolina.I was granted temporary full custody of the kids but we dont know where she is.What are my possible options to locate the kids if they are out of state
JA: OK. The parenting will know what to do. Anything else I can tell the parenting before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the parenting about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Were you granted full custody of your children before or after she relocated? Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once I found out she was gone and my daughter had missed so many days I spoke with an attorney
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
So I'm presuming that means that you acquired custody after she left with the children?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.So I'm presuming that means that you acquired custody after she left with the children?Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes their address was still in nc and doesn't have a new address as of yet.They are staying with a friend
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I can't make much sense out of the information you have provided. I asked: So I'm presuming that means that you acquired custody after she left with the children? You responded: Yes their address was still in nc and doesn't have a new address as of yet.They are staying with a friend Did you get full custody of your children before or after she fled the state with the kids?If you got temporary full custody while she and the kids were in NC, are you saying that she never returned the children to you after the court hearing granting you FULL CUSTODY?Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct.She called my daughter school and told them they were in Texas.The courts had already granted temporary full custody
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Alright, thanks for the clarification. Call the police and report the children as having been kidnapped by your wife. If the court, as you say, granted you full custody of the children before she fled the state with them, then she has committed parental kidnapping and the police will assist you in getting the children back. Alternatively, you can hire a private investigator to locate your children in Texas and then file your custody order with the Texas courts in the county where they are being held and get the court's help in getting your children back. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.Thanks in advance.I wish you the best,Doug