Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

It's as weird situation.I am legal guardian of our son and

Customer Question

Hi it's as weird situation.I am legal guardian of our son and their dad is legal guardian of our daughter.he gets all the money for her but should I get the money for my son?He is saying I get nothing if I don't pay taxes.I'm a stay at home mom.he filed both kids...he left with our daughter who I have taken care of physically her while I don't have any money or car.I need some answers please.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. What do you mean by "gets all the money"? Are you just talking about tax refunds or is there some other money he's getting on behalf of the children? Are you and the father married? Did you and the father live together with both children for 2015?