FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I have a court order ex to pay child support he never

Customer Question

I have a court order for my ex to pay child support he never did my daughter is now 21 am I still able to collect back support here in new mexico
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Like.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Like?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. Yes, you can. The statute of limitations for enforcement of child support orders in New Mexico is 14 years of age. The 14 years starts from the date that each child support payment became due.