Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My wife and Scott county charged me with the Danco law back

Customer Question

My wife and Scott county charged me with the Danco law back in 2013. I have had treatment 3 times in the past 34 years. I am still in AA over the past 34 years. I fell off the wagon in 2013,2014,2015. I am still in AA. Wife said if I didn't go to treatment again she would ask for a divorce. Told me now that is what she wants. I am on social security now. I lost my business, home, ocean condo, and 8 friends over the past 4 years. 2013, 2014,2015. Have been clean now since 3/2015, and still in AA. How do I protect myself.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Patrick, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Congratulations on a year of sobriety! Is the DANCO order still in effect? What type of protection are you looking for? Are you worried that your wife will file for divorce? Or are you concerned she'll get another order against you?