Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I have a serious question on getting your tubes tide and a

Customer Question

I have a serious question on getting your tubes tide and a mistake your Dr. does during surgery. On Feb, 25 2016 I had an apt to get tubes tide and at the time they said my blood work came out neg. On april 1 i find out im two months pregnant so at the time of surgery i was already a month pregnant is this considered malpractice even if it was suggested to get a pregnancy test done 24/48 hr and i told nurse that and they still didnt do as i asked.?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can i suit them if at the time i was pregnant and they made a mistake on my blood work?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.
Hello Angela. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.If you're asking if it could be malpractice for a physician to perform a procedure to sterilize you (having your tubes tied) without performing a pregnancy test first, the answer is yes. It sounds like you were in that window before a urine pregnancy test shows up positive when you were first told that you were not pregnant. It's not clear to me whether you had the procedure done or not, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm answering your question. If not, please let me know. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra. We only get credit for the time we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello Angela. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.