Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live with my boyfriend and our two boys ages 5 &11. We rent

Customer Question

I live with my boyfriend and our two boys ages 5 &11. We rent out home, lease in his name, utilities in mine. He's kicking me out and I can't take our boys. I have been with him for 12 years. Quit my job as a CNA and am a housewife to our boys until our youngest starts school as we didn't want to do daycare. I currently do not have a job, no place to go and don't want to leave my boys...what can I do
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What are my rights with our boys. We do not have any custody agreement. I don't want to leave my boys. Also, the relationship I am in is controlling, emotionally and verbally abusive. He is bipolar, but won't admit it or seek medical help. His mother, sister, grandmother and Uncle are all bipolar. I have tried to break the relationship off before but he uses the boys to keep me from leaving saying he'll file for custody and I'll never see them Again. I'm at wits end, so sick..tried to take the boys to dinner last night and they didn't want to go as he told them that I'd they go with me, they couldn't come back home, then he took them out to dinner , just to hurt me....I'm about ready to just throw in the towel
Expert:  LegalGems replied 8 months ago.
Were there any oral or written agreements re: support in the event of a break up?also, has paternity been established or acknowledged?