How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9354
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How could I find out if and how there is anyway the adoptive

Customer Question

How could I find out if and how there is anyway the adoptive parents can force my son that will be eighteen on August 6 2016 to stay there when there is irreconcilable differences and he is very unhappy?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this; There is good news if the child is 18 or older; that is the age one becomes an adult and can make any and all decisions for him/herself pursuant to statute:(12) “Child” or “youth” means any unmarried person under the age of 18 years who has not been emancipated by order of the court. That statute is here: If the child is under 18, one could petition for emancipation - that statute is here: If the adoptive parents are neglectful, that may result in a termination of parental rights; those cases are typically initiated by social services. Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
attorneys may be located here: kindly rate positively if no further questions.

Related Family Law Questions