LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney

How could I find out if and how there is anyway the adoptive

Customer Question

How could I find out if and how there is anyway the adoptive parents can force my son that will be eighteen on August 6 2016 to stay there when there is irreconcilable differences and he is very unhappy?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this; There is good news if the child is 18 or older; that is the age one becomes an adult and can make any and all decisions for him/herself pursuant to statute:(12) “Child” or “youth” means any unmarried person under the age of 18 years who has not been emancipated by order of the court. That statute is here: If the child is under 18, one could petition for emancipation - that statute is here: If the adoptive parents are neglectful, that may result in a termination of parental rights; those cases are typically initiated by social services. Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!
attorneys may be located here: kindly rate positively if no further questions.