Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My son is 1 1/2 years old and his mom has been keeping him

Customer Question

My son is 1 1/2 years old and his mom has been keeping him from me. She says he's not mine. Which is a lie. I want to be a father to child badly. Please help me figure out the steps to prove paternity and get visitation.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
In what state do the mother and child reside?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Merced county
Thank you for the information. You need to file complaint for establishment of paternity, Once paternity is established, you can request for joint custody and visitations rights. Click on the link below for paternity forms and instructions: You may also retain the services of a local Attorney who handles paternity cases to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I apply for paternity. Go to Merced county?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to know the steps.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll pay more
The link that I previously provided has specific steps for applying for paternity. Kindly click and review the information provided in that link. Pursuant to terms of service, I cannot provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to file a Court case. That would be providing you with legal advice, which is prohibited by the terms of service. The paternity case will the be filed with the Superior Court in the County where the mother and child reside