Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have no idea how to even ask this question. I have been

Customer Question

I have no idea how to even ask this question. I have been diagnosed with Complex PTSD. I fall within the definition of what the law defines as a victim of crime. My father set a irrevocable trust fund up for my son and I. However, the contract the bank signed makes zero logical sense, and it negates itself. I got targeted by an unstable abusive neighbor in July 2014, and I did not have a safe environment to bring my son home to who was visiting his father. They told me that it was an irrevocable trust and the conditions of the trust had to be followed exactly. Their hands were tied. However, in April of 2015 they did exactly what they told me they could not do. They have changed the conditions of my trust a million times. When I told them I wanted to move my money to a financial institution who took domestic violence seriously, they told me that this contract was irrevocable and it could never change. Ironically, they served me with court papers wanting the court to take over conservatorship and released of their fiduciary duties. They are negligent and I feel I have a very valid tort to file against them but have no clue what kind of attorney can help me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry to read about your difficulties. You would need a local Attorney who handles Trust issues and complex civil litigation to assist you with the case. If you are alleging violation of fiduciary duties by the persons in charge of administering your irrevocable trust fund, then you need to bring a lawsuit against them for violation of their fiduciary duties. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Consumeradvocates.org Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Very nice attorney and gave me the answer I asked for. I'm very satisfied. Thank you.
Thank you very much for your generous statement. Have a wonderful day!