LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney

I applied for the passport and was denied due to the child

Customer Question

I applied for the passport and was denied due to the child support. Was wondering if making arrangements is enough to clear me or my balance should be less than 2,500? State of tx
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I owe about 24000 with interest. I do not make any payments, my son is about 24 years old. So I need to clear the arrears so I can get a passport
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your patience as I reviewed this.If an acceptable solution is reached between the state where the arrears is owed, and the obligor, then the state can notify the government to remove the hold. here is more information here: post additional questions for clarification. If I have Answered your question, Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating for my assistance. This will not cost extra because of your deposit with JustAnswer, but without a positive rating, JustAnswer will not give me credit for assisting you. All information is for educational purposes only. A personal attorney can be retained to give specific legal advice.