Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I live in Texas. I have a question about summer extended

Customer Question

I live in Texas. I have a question about summer extended summer vacation schedule.1. During the summer do we still have to do the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend?2. During the summer do we have to still do every Thursday?The ex husband gave me his requested dates June 6 to th 27th and then July 4 to July 11.The kids are out of school June 2nd. So that is 1st weekend. Does he still get them that 1st weekend? It not until June 6? Or if he gets them- Does he have to return them at 6pm Sunday the 5th and the pick them up on Monday at 6pm?Then he returns them the 27th and gets to have them the 29th of June at 6pm and return them at 6pm the 3rd to pick them up at 6pm the 4th?I just ask Becase We (the kids and I) have one vacation planned for June 28th through July 3.... And it seems like I am getting screwed some how. I know he did this intentionally. So does summer school cancel out regular school schedule?If I put in writing like today The kids and I will be gone June 28th through the 3rd will I get in trouble?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can take pictures of my decree and upload it as well. That may help someone decipher what I am reading and put it in real words that I understand ;-)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is what we have. I am just at work and don't have the signed copy BUT I am parent a. And He is b.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Your dates are not interfering with his vacation requests. And as long as you each give notification to the other of the vacation plans by Today April 1 - then there should be no problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But they do interfere with the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend. That was my question. Does the 1st,3rd and 5th weekend schedule still followed during the summer?
No. If you both have your extended vacations in tact by today and notify each other and those vacations date overlap the regular scheduled weekend visits, the extended vacation takes precedence.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So what if I send an email, sent one my mail (today) and dropped a notice off at his house and he doesn't respond
He is not obligated to respond. You are only obligated to notify, as is he. But once you notify then you have followed the order.