FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I have been going through a terrible divorce with my ex-wife

Customer Question

I have been going through a terrible divorce with my ex-wife since 2003 the judge awarded an enormous amount of money which I could not pay. At one point we finally reached agreement where I would pay her $14,000 a month however the judge denied making the agreement in order and it was going to appeal in the appeal court tonight also. I've become extremely ill and suffered massive heart attacks and an hour and heart failure I need to be able to get these judgements off of me regarding the divorce I need to speak to a lawyer regarding this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. Do you know why the Judge denied the agreement you made with your Ex, if she voluntarily did it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My prior lawyer mr. Fox told me that I could have a signed agreement with my ex-wife would pay her attorney and that I would be okay if you want anything to do aggreement
Yes it seems very odd that if there was a mutual agreement with you and your ex that the Judge would deny it unless it was so one sided that it was not fair to her. However, if you are not able to pay the previously court ordered amount then you need to file a motion with the court asking for a modification. You will want to show there has been a substantial change in circumstances since this was last ordered and the hardships which you are facing and that it be reduced
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any additional questions or concerns