Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How to transfer cps case to another state the child was

Customer Question

How to transfer cps case to another state the child was removed lives with father in indiana I'm in iowa
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What do you mean by "CPS case?" How is CPS involved? Are they vying for custody of the child? Has anything been filed in Court (if so, what)? Or is this only between the parents?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.