Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I own a house, I had my name and one of sons, 's name on the

Customer Question

I own a house, I had my name and one of sons, Scott's name on the deed, I strawed my half to another son, Dale. Dale wants to give it back to me, Hiw do we go about it, Property is in Nitro, WV
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

If son wants to wants to transfer the property back to you all he would need to do is have a local real estate attorney or title / closing company prepare a deed from him as the grantor back to you as the grantee. Then he would sign it in front of a notary public and then you would need to record it at the local land Records Office to complete the transfer.

That is all it will take.