P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My coparent, and I say that lightly, has been fighting me of

Customer Question

My coparent, and I say that lightly, has been fighting me for custody of our son for the past 5 years. Our son is going to be 15 on Saturday and I want to know 1) how many states have an age at which a child can say he/she doesn't want to see the other parent (when it's been document by the kid's psychologist it's not mentally nor physically healthy for the kid to be around the parent and 2) how do I start a petition to change the age in the state of Nevada? our's is 18 and the last hearing my coparent drug me to, the Judge just berated him for not taking the parenting classes. I've spent every last penny of my savings ($18k) fighting for our son's safety and rights but nothing is working - not even the Judge listening to my attorney so I give up and think it's time to change the law and want to start a Petition to take before our Govenor.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, in which state does the coparent live? And in which state is the current custody order?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm having trouble sleeping and it's well past my bedtime. My coparent lives in Vernal, Utah, and custody, which I have full physical custody of our Phillip is here in Nevada. This has been going on since the day I asked my ex to pay $300 a month in child support. He threatened me then assaulted me. in the police report, he told the Detective after his arrest, "I will take everything from Rhonda and she will have nothing left when I'm done with her." Obviously he wasn't happy I kicked him out in January 2009. I filed for divorce in 2010 and right before that, in July is when I asked for the $300 a month. He threatened me and subsequently assaulted me. forget all that. Now, he tortures Phillip via texts and we only communicate via OurFamilyWizard. I'm tired of him taking me to court every couple years and this last time in December, the Judge was so mad at him for taking me to court (since he did in 2013 as well) for not taking the 8 week parenting courses, which I did - in fact a week after an emergency appendectomy in agony so I could protect Phillip. Mr. Wymer is what Phillip's psychologist refers to as a narcissistic sociopath. I want to know how many states have an age at which time a kid can say "no more". The ugly nasty texts Mr. Wymer sends to Phillip have now broken the camel's back. I've, this entire time, taken the high road, never bad mouthing his Dad but instead, let his dad destroy the relationship on his own. Mr. Wymer has told his own parents, his daughter of 30+, his sister, nephews and other relatives in the Vernal, Utah area that he'll spit on their graves when they die. I'd hoped when he remarried he'd leave Phillip alone or at a minimum be civil, but the last text was the straw that broke the camel's back. All these years, I've encouraged Phillip to respond respectfully ***** ***** at all. After a couple of the last psychologist appointments, Dr. Dennis called me at work saying he was sorry but Phillip was in tears sobbing as his Dad had just yelled, screamed and cussed about me. It's insanity at it's finest. Our communications are through OurFamilyWizard and now the Judge, since December can see the posts but doesn't care in my opinion about what's best for Phillip OR he'd have allowed and agreed to teenage discretion. Judge Harter hardly listened to my attorney. It was a complete waste of hard earned money. I want to start a Petition to change the age limit in Nevada as I know I can get the signatures needed to take before our Govenor or senators. I'm simply beyond this. Dr. Dennis told me it's now time for me to step back and let Phillip tell his dad how he feels, say it how he wants and when he wants. So, after his birthday on Saturday, Phillip has told me and my Aunt (his Great Aunt Connie who lives with us), he intends to call his Dad Sunday and tell him he hates him and never wants to see him again. He's threatening to run away if he has to spend 5 weeks with his dad this coming summer when he's not allowed to see his Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle and cousins or his own half-sister and her kids. Yes, I'm writing a book about it I shall publish when Phillip is 18. How on earth can I get through to someone who will listen??
I understand it's late; perhaps best to continue in the morning. You could message back here then.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
These are just some of the things Mr. Wymer violates. He owes me $3,684 in back child support since 2010; and yes, I did get his wages garnished as he kept sending checks late. Basically his original threat was "I'll put you in a box before I pay you a dime, better yet, I'll take Phillip away from you." I will not ever badmouth Tony to Phillip because without Mr. Wymer, I wouldn't have Phillip but there is something truly wrong with Mr. Wymer and I'm going to listen to Dr. Dennis, PhD, and step back and allow Phillip to say what he has wanted to say the last few years. I checked how many times he checks OFW and it's 36 pages worth. I checked when I've checked it, and it's only 5 pages worth. That's because we live our lives filled with love, joy, peace and laughter, but this isn't funny one bit. My attorneys refusing to respond or give me an order issued the end of January is unacceptable. I've got copies of videos of all the hearings and it's unbelievable all that's gone on. Now with it all documented in Family wizard, it's pretty hard to ignore, yet the Judge seems intent on doing just that. Your help is very much appreciate. P.S. My apologies, but I type 100 wpm. :) thank you and God bless.
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
way past my bedtime. I'm up at 4:45 a.m. PST to get half way ready, then Phillip and I have a lovely drive over to his school. I get home, finish getting ready then go to work. We can perhaps speak when I get home tomorrow, however, he has a band performance (never once has Mr. Wymer attended even when I've offered when Phillip was in 6th grade a practice nor competition) and he's too anti-social to even claim he'd go on that trip we took last week. I'll be at work tomorrow but won't miss Phillip's performance so perhaps we can chat tomorrow or Friday. I'm really tired of forking out the money to my attorneys and would very much like the input to represent myself in court (I'm no idiot after all I've been through) in pro per. So, let say if we can't "chat" via email tomorrow evening, perhaps we can Friday. Thank you again. I do like your first name.... you're just missing an L. LOL Phillip would have been an April Fool's baby but I couldn't let him have that extra leverage in the family as my family is all very close, loving funny and pranksters so he came emergency C-section 4/2/2001. He's a fine, respectful, honest, fun loving kid and his psychologist says I've done an excellent job raising him as such. :) Speak with you tomorrow evening or Friday. Thanks Mr. Simmons. :)
Certainly