Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

What are my rights if I'm ordered not to home school but to

Customer Question

What are my rights if I'm ordered not to home school but to pay the other parents fraudulous claims. Public school has caused tons of stress and private school is ordering an evaluation for ADHD. the other parent is claiming neglect and ordering me to return child to public school which is conflicting with my work schedule?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 8 months ago.

Are you asking how to challenge the order? When was the order entered? Was it entered after a trial? What kind of hearing was it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The order was entered after a trial last Aug where he tried to get custody. Yes, how do I challenge the order and steer clear of any accusations of neglect/abuse claims?

At this point, it is too late to challenge the order. Appeals and other challenges have deadlines that have all passed. The only possibility is a modification based on a change in circumstances. If you can show that public/private school has been worse for the children that homeschooling, there is a chance you could get a modification. I'm sorry I can't give you better information for challenging the order itself.