Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband has major depression and has been leaving home

Customer Question

My husband has major depression and has been leaving home for a few weeks at a time and then returns. He first left 11/2/15. On Friday 3/25/16, he was sending suicidal text messages, so I reported him missing and at risk. The police found him in another county, living with his new "Wife". He "Married" this 29 year old on 11/4/15. He also used a fake identity on the marriage license. My hasband and I have been married for 13 years. I am the only breadwinner, we have two minor children and live in California.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

Please state your specific legal question so we may better assist you.