FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My son was released on bond misdemeanor dv charge in Denver,

Customer Question

My son was released on bond for a misdemeanor dv charge in Denver, Co. When he went to his scheduled court appearance on friday the 35t2 he was taken back into custody because the court said that the case had been transferred to district court and that he was now being charged with a felony. I dont understand why they havent gotten him in for an arraignment Still because he was fully comoliant with the original bond and hes going to lose his job because theyre saying he cant get a bond until the district attorney files the warrant?? We need an attorney immediately
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Since the State now amended the charge and is filing it as a felony, a new bond needs to be set as a result of the charge being more serious and the additional terms and conditions, possible being imposed. I am inclined to believe that Monday or Tuesday he will go before the Judge but if you want an attorney and do not want to have to wait for the PD to be appointed, then private counsel needs to be retained tomorrow morning and they can try and set a bond hearing. I know it is not ideal but until he goes before the Judge on the new felony and bond is set, he will be held. If he used a bondsman previously, they can also appear or submit an affidavit to the court, that they will remain on the new bond, so he can be released even sooner

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant friday the 25th

Yes, my answer still remains.