Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I'm in the middle of a very divorce. My soon to be ex

Customer Question

Hi I'm in the middle of a very nasty divorce. My soon to be ex husband filed for divorce. I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys. My husband worked and therefore the bills were in his name. We go to court on the 29th and I just found out that he has changed all of his bank accounts and removed all automatic payment for the household utility bills, the family cell phone plan ( well just me and my sons), and also cancelled my auto insurance. I was not made aware of these changes and only found out after the fact. I have no access to any of the marital funds nor do I know how much there is in any of his accounts. How do I get the judge to correct this and subpeona his bank and credit card records?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We live in California
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. You can ask the court to address temporary spousal and child support at the hearing so that you can make ends meet while the case is pending. During the case you file discovery and you can ask him to turn over all financial records and he must comply otherwise the judge will order him.