Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

How are you .. Please I need to back to the same point we

Customer Question

Hi . How are you .. Please I need to back to the same point we had discussed before .. Now we prepare to migrations ,, I will take those steps before I arrive to usa ,, first ..my wife she will sale me here share I'm my business ,, i can stamped that at the attornamy of irqi embassy in jordan and then stamped it at the ministry of Iraqi forget affaires . To make it legal to use in usa . Now if I write nanptiual agrement . And we both sign it .. With out atornomy is this will be valid to be used in usa
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If this agreement that you are going to sign is valid in Iraq, then it would be valid in the USA as well. You would be able to use an agreement entered into in Iraq as long as it is signed and stamped and is translated into English.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir .. Which agreement you mean ,,the mar regs contract ..or you mean I have to have written agrement in Arabic between me and my suppose ,, also if we have such agreement ,,do we need to atornomy signature or my signature and surprise signature will be enough ..also what if will not have any agrement ,,but we wil have sprated bank account ,,and. I will buy house from my money ..also star up business in usa , what my spouse will take in cause of divorce ,,
Thank you for your reply.
I mean the agreement between you and your spouse. That would need to be signed by both of you and be valid in your country and translated to English for the US courts to enforce it. BOTH signature of you and your spouse are required and she needs to have the chance to consult an attorney before signing it.
IF you do not have an agreement, then in the US, the property acquired during marriage would be divided equally between you and your spouse if you divorce. If you want to keep separate property and not share it in the event of a divorce you need a written agreement between you and your spouse for the US courts not to divide the property in the event of a divorce in the US. This includes your house and your business, if you acquire them during the marriage they would be divided between the two of you unless you have the written agreement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about cash in my bank account ..
Any cash in your account prior to marriage is your separate property. However, anything you earn after marriage they can order her to get a share of, which is why a marital agreement is important if you want to protect that money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks .. Can the agrement written in Arabic , to agree that only the house we live in (not any other houses use form investments and business ) only this will be 50% ..but all other things like cash money in bank and business each one will keep his own .
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, the agreement can be written in Arabic, but for it to be enforced in the US courts, it would eventually have to be translated into English.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can write it in Arabic and we sign it ..no need for wittiness ,,only when arrive in usa we need to make translated copy
Thank you for your reply.
The agreement must be in a form that would make it binding and enforceable in your country. It does not need witnesses if your country does not require witnesses. When you come to the US, if it needs to be enforced in court during a divorce, only then would it need to be translated into English for the court to be able to know what it says.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But in my country we not need agrement ..the law here deferent each will take his own properties ..so no such form here ..
In the US in event of a divorce, you would need such an agreement if divorce is filed in the US. So you can either get such an agreement in your country or when you come to the US you can get such an agreement.