Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am seeking the identity of biological parents due to

Customer Question

Hello.
I am seeking the identity of biological parents due to serious medical concerns.
Can you please tell me what would be my first step(s).
I am taking a shot in the dark here because someone told me I could get help from an attorney due to the medical issue.
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello Lana. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating. I'll need you to provide more information before I'm able to prepare a response.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hello Olivia,

Can you please be more specific about what information you would need?

Thank you.

well, when you say "identity of biological parents"... are you looking to have me help you find them or are you asking for where you can look to find someone's biological parents.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ah, ok.

I do not know how the process works. I cannot afford an attorney at this time, so I would like to know the what steps I can take on my own to locate my biological paternal family.

Thank you.

Do you know where you were born? Was it in the US?

Hello! I wanted to check in with you to see if you need any additional information.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Yes. It was USA.

Is there anything else you can tell me that would help me advise you where to look?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no.

Okay, with not much to go on, I can provide you with names of companies/websites that would be able to run a search for you. Certainly having some information helps. Would you like me to do that? We're not allowed to run a search via Just Answer b/c we can't establish a professional relationship with customers of the site.