Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am representing myself after my attorney wanted me to take

Customer Question

I am representing myself after my attorney wanted me to take the settlement and I refused. He then withdrew. Do I have to provide my evidence before our hearing or just at time throughout the hearing? Do I have a certain time period that I need to subpoena people and information ? The court date in May 16th. Do I provide a list of witnesses now that my attorney withdrew or does his list stand if he even provided it?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have decided to represent myself after my attorney withdrew.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No but not sure how I will fair on objecting if he is taking advantage of me.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.

Civil/Family law procedure is determined by state law. In which state is your case filed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thanks. I'm going to reopen this question for others to try to answer. I don't have sufficient time, this evening to provide you with a fully competent answer. So, I think you will be better served by waiting for someone else to assist.

Best wishes with with your legal dilemma. And, thanks for using Justnaswer!