Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

My ex files custody our trial date is 4-22. I just got a

Customer Question

My ex files for full custody our trial date is 4-22. I just got a second request for documents. The divorce was in 03, they are requesting credit card statements, loan info, bank statements, credit apps, net worth. Do i have to supply all this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Generally, a person is required to produce the documents within 30 days of receiving the request. Oregon R. Civ. P. 43. When an opposing party serves a request for production of documents less than 30 days before a hearing, there is no obligation to produce the documents early, absent a court order. But you should be prepared to turn them over, because your ex could file a Motion to Continue the hearing. Financial information is always relevant in any case that deals with child support, and child support is redone when custody is redone.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to fill out a motion to compel. Can you help with that?

Unfortunately, I'm only able to answer questions for you, not assist with filling out forms. If you have questions about the Motion, I can answer those on a new question page. Otherwise, a local attorney may be able to help draft the motion for you.

Please remember to leave a positive rating before signing out so I get paid for the question I answered for you last week. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day.