LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

Do I need to put exhibits in my motion to stay judgement

Customer Question

Do I need to put exhibits in my motion to stay judgement pending ruling on motion to dismiss
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You may certainly attach Exhibits to your motion of you want to. It is not mandatory though and you may file the motion and then submit the Exhibits before or at the hearing on the motion. If you only have a few Exhibits/pages----few is generally 10 or less pages---then you may attach them so long as you reference the Exhibits in the body of your motion so that the judge can see the relevancy of your Exhibits to the motion you file.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will my motion to stay be denied without the Exhibits
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

It could be denied, of course, but it won't be denied for lack of Exhibits. However, if you are considering filing without Exhibits---keep in mind that the Exhibits that you could file might well sway the judge to grant a hearing on your motion---so use them if you have them. Just don't try to drop a ream of paper on the judge---just use a few critical exhibits that you might have.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,