Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

MY DAUGHTER IS OUT A ABOUT, SHE DOES NOT CARE GRANDDAUGHTER.

Customer Question

MY DAUGHTER IS OUT A ABOUT, SHE DOES NOT CARE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER. i HAD BEEN THE ONE FINANIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR HER, i FEED, CLOTHES, CHELTER AND ENROLL IN SCHOOL. ALONG WITH NUTURING HER ASWELL. I WOULD LOVE TO BE LEGALGUARDIAN OF HER. ALSO, THE FATHER IS NOT IN TH PICTURE.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO, I NEED TO HANDLE THIS ASAP. BECAUSE I DONT HAVE CUSTODY AND MYDAUGHTER IS ACTING OUT
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: SHE OESNT HAD A PLACE TO STAY. I TOLD THE COUNTY THAT SHE OOK THE MNEY EVEDRY MONTH AND DID NOTHING FOR HER BABY, CO NOW I RECIEVE AID FOR THE CHILD 285. PER MONTH ALONG WITH MEDICAL
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your daughter is not fit to have the child or has abandoned the child, your only recourse is you need a local attorney to file a petition for guardianship in the local court. This procedure requires an attorney, because the courts require an attorney to protect the rights of the child. If you can prove the parent has abandoned the child or is not caring for the child or is a danger for the child, this is grounds to have the court take custody from her in accordance with the US Supreme Court case of Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000).
You need to get to local legal aid office if you cannot afford an attorney and you need to bring proof with you that the mother is not fit to have the child so the attorney can evaluate that because that is what he has to present to the court to get them to agree to granting you the guardianship order.