Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Looking - Tina I need to file a small claim against a tenant

Customer Question

Looking for Tina - Tina I need to file a small claim against a tenant and family member. When assisting this person I incurred nearly $3,500 of living expenses & attorney fees on her behalf between July 2015-February 2016. She agreed to pay (and I agreed to accept) $1,222 payment as full settlement once she obtained a tax refund. She also agreed to pay her own expenses in full starting March 2016. March expenses totaled $490 however the utility bill is expected in April. She moved (without notice), had changed the locks and left all lights on. Her departure date was on or around March 23, 2016. We know where she works but have no idea where she lives at this point. We have contacted the sheriff's office to accompany me to her place of business to secure a key. Of course, being a family member, we didn't feel a formal contract was necessary so the lease and agreement to pay the $1,222 is verbal but supported by fb, text messages. What advice would you give me at this point and can you be available for guidance throughout this process?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
FYI - I just subscribed to the monthly service because I'd like to ask questions and get advice from Tina as my case proceeds
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I understand that you asked for Tina. She is a friend of mine, and a knowledgeable attorney. However she rarely works on this site anymore, and has apparently not been on the site for nearly 6 weeks.

I can assist you if you want. Otherwise I will opt out and you can continue to wait for Tina.