Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I recently got divorced and had to travel quite a bit. I no

Customer Question

I recently got divorced and had to travel quite a bit. I no longer have to travel. My dog is registered in my name and a replacement for my dog of 17 years. She is 3 is there any recourse for me getting full custody.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I just want to make sure... is your question whether you can get custody of your new dog (which your ex currently has custody of)..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have 75. 25 custody. She has 75. I want full custody. We got her 3 yrs ago as a replacement for my dog of 17 years and her papers are in my name.

There are two ways you could get custody: (1) convince your ex that you have more time/more resources to invest in caring for the dog or (2) convince the judge of same - but option two is not very likely without a showing of significant change of circumstances. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I don't love giving people what they perceive as "bad news" so I apologize for that, but I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't tell you the truth. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance. We only get credit for the type we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.

I would be happy to speak to you by phone. I accidentally clicked the wrong button. please resend

Hello. It looks like you requested a phone call, but for some reason I am unable to click on it. I am happy to talk on the phone today, if you could resubmit your request. Also, could you please take a moment to submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra. We only get credit for the time we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.

Hello! I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.