Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

One of my friend whom a 25 years old guy dating 15 years old

Customer Question

One of my friend whom a 25 years old guy dating 15 years old girl . According to him , they are live together now and she is first year of high school. He messaged me those thing and I do not know if I should report to place officer or not. I do not want get into trouble but I also do not know how much percent is true from his message , my question is , is that regulation/ law require that I have to report to police ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Unless you are in law enforcement, you have no legal duty to report a crime, or potential crime, if you don't want to. It doesn't drag you into anything potentially illegal just because you know about it and do nothing. So if you want to report it, do so, but you aren't under any legal obligation to do so.

.

.

thanks