Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Eleven years of experience in family law, from pre-nups, divorces, child custody and support mod

I filed pro se and had a doctor served, and I didn't have

Customer Question

I filed pro se and had a doctor served, and I didn't have the certification on the opinion and my case is dismissed. I have 21 days to get it reheared. :(
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please specify what your questions is for me so that I can answer it for you? Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is my next step, to get this doctor liable for my unnecessary scarring?

Why was your case dismissed? What was the reason?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no expert witness.

Ok. Why aren't you using an attorney?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
conflict of interest. everyone knows this doctor. he is an expert witness for personal injury lawyers.

I would strongly suggest finding an attorney willing to take on the case.

Aside from that, you are required to have expert witnesses for your case that would testify as to the standard of care and how the defendant violated that standard. This is required pursuant to the Virginia Medical Malpractice Act.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have tried, lawyers don't want to go behind a case that's filed.

Regardless of whether you get a lawyer or not, you will need the expert witnesses to refile your case.

The following link provides more information on some of your options:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to go to MD or D.C

Why are you saying that?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hit key by mistake
Expert:  Brent Blanchard replied 7 months ago.

Our system indicates that you have requested a phone call. But the payment method failed. Do you still want to go forward with that?