Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.

I have an injunction obo my son. He turns 18 in May - what

Customer Question

I have an injunction for protection obo my son. He turns 18 in May - what happens with the protection oder, if anything?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Could you explain this injunction a little further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is an injunction for me on behalf of my son against his mother. She has mental illness and has a problem controlling herself.

OK. Since it was taken out by you to cover him in his capacity as a minor, when he turns 18, the order will expire (unless it specifically says otherwise). This is because you, as his father, can't prvent him, as an adult, from seeing whomever he wants. That said, if he'd like to continue the order, he can ask the court to renew it for him as an adult.