Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I HAVE LITTLE MONEY AND INTO ARBITRATION ON A CHILD CUSTODY

Customer Question

i HAVE LITTLE MONEY AND i'M GOING INTO ARBITRATION ON A CHILD CUSTODY CONFLICT. dO i NEED A LAWYER?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning Kimberly,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle family law matters.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just an additional $5, I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You refer to a common law partner. Do you claim that you are common law married? If so, in what state were you common law married?

2. Please tell me what the other parent is asking for in terms of custody or visitation?

3. Between you and your partner, who was the primary parent raising your son during the relationship?

4. Do you work outside the home? Does your partner work outside the home?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Hi Kimberly,

I am here standing by to assist you, but I do need the additional information I asked for if I am to assist you.

Doug